We’re looking to recruit actors to non-main characters, such as:
- Various Vikings
- Time Lord Jerks, all sizes
- Relatively (aha, you’ll get that pun later) important people you have met before in canon, oooooh, mysterious!!
- Kangaroo People from the Planet of Australia
- Americans that sound like frigging Americans (No love here, Big Finish. Wtf was “Minuet in Hell”?)
- Draconiansssssssss (be prepared to do that kind of a lot)
- Cyberfolk (gender equality, guys)
- GHOSTS!! How gooooooood is your unearthly ‘ooooooo’?
- And Many More...
We not terribly bothered about actor gender, or accents unless we specifically mention these things – as long as you give a strong performance (or can say ‘ooo’ very fiercely and/or knowingly), we can work something out.
We have short dialogue sections for some of the aforementioned characters, taken from the finished scripts, for actors to audition with. We’d like actors to record these sections in the environment they would record the actual episodes, and with the equipment they would use.
More details and audition pieces in this post.
PLEASE GET YOUR AUDITIONS FOR EPISODE A ‘VIKING’ PARTS IN BY OCTOBER 14th. MORE DETAILS ON OTHER DUE DATES AS PRODUCTION MOVES ALONG, BUT AN EARLY SUBMISSION NEVER COMES AMISS. FEEL FREE TO LEAVE SAMPLES FOR UPCOMING EPISODES AS WELL: THE POST WILL BE KEPT OPEN AND UPDATED WITH ADDITIONAL INFORMATION TO FACILITATE THIS.
* We’ve decided to extend the call for main actors to October 7th. For more information, please see the post on our comm. In case you are intimidated by the stuff about production quality and time commitments therein (or above), PLEASE DON’T BE! Show us what you've got, and we'll work with you on sound quality and time. Those are factors to think about, but what we're looking for is a great performance. Don't let the fact that you don't currently have a foam-lined podfic bunker lying around keep you down/stop you auditioning! The techy bits you’ll be expected to deal with are pie-easy once you get the hang of them, we swear. We save the true descent into hell for the editors...
* Please consider applying here for production positions: we still have openings for a Head of SFX, more SFX team members, and another director. Doing challenging SFX for a downloadable series shows a variety of skills. Fannish as it may seem, this could be the makings of a good portfolio example and recommendation for people looking to work in related fields. We’re currently well-staffed with editors and music people, but more help is, of course, always appreciated.
Image by the lovely anadapta0801, who is doing our cover art.